logo




















Fort Payne Chapter
red line

National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
Naperville, Illinois

line

Home

The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution founded in 1890 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., is a non-profit, non-political volunteer women's service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America's future through better education for children.
            
Located at 1776 Pennsylvania Avenue, the headquarters encompasses an entire downtown city block, and houses one of the nation's premier genealogical libraries, one of the foremost collections of pre-industrial American decorative arts, Washington's largest concert hall, and an extensive collection of early American manuscripts and imprints.
            
The Fort Payne Chapter, located in Naperville, Illinois, is composed of volunteers who staff committees to support its local activities and through this work support the goals and projects of the National Society, its President General and its Executive Committee of eleven officers.
            
Currently seven members of the Fort Payne Chapter are honored as fifty year members.
Fort Payne


A replica of Fort Payne.  The original was erected at Naperville during the Black Hawk War of 1832.









Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organization, or the Fort Payne DAR Chapter.
Email:  Webmaster
Last Update:  22 August 2010